Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy.
Heaven help me, I’ve become a MacBook Girl.
Since I was able to use a computer on my own at the age of 9, I have been a dedicated PC user. I know all of the keyboard shortcuts, all of the fixes when you break something, where every thing is…and yet Apple has stolen away my heart. I guess you could say it’s getting pretty serious. 😉 21 years of PC usage and I’m ready to say goodbye to my laptop. “But Rita, WHY?!?!?” You may ask.
I’ve got 5 solid reasons why I’ve made the jump (and maybe you will too!):
- It’s more intuitive. I love that I can find things much easier/ faster. Everything is on the left side, I don’t have to search and hunt for it if I haven’t pinned it to the toolbar.
- My Etsy Shop and Blog look flipping amazing on a Retinal Display.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator load in the blink of an eye. On my relatively newer Microsoft Surface, Photoshop and Illustrator took some time to load. There’s virtually zero wait with the MacBook.
- I don’t have to CTRL ALT DEL my way out of sticky freezing situations. Everything just, works. It works! I don’t have to wait for it to think, it just does it’s job. As an incredibly impatient individual, I appreciate this more than you could ever understand.
- The iCloud Drive. I sign in and I can access everything on my desktop from my iPad and iPhone. I don’t have to get on my computer to access something that I saved there. I can get it right from my phone.
Bonus: I’m not bullied into using Microsoft Edge. Because let’s face it, worst browser ever.
So now what’s next for me? I sell my Surface on eBay and bid it adieu. That’s how much I like the MacBook.
So there you have it! I am an official MacBook Convert. Which side of this are you on? Team Apple or Team PC?