Launching my blog and Etsy shop has been a second full time job for almost two months now. Here’s what’s happened to me so far:
- It’s been my lunch hour, evenings, weekends, and extra free time activity.
- It’s definitely caused some lack of sleep, some late nights, and some early mornings.
- I’ve used coffee and dry shampoo more than any human should be allowed.
- I’ve wondered if any of this hustle is even worth it.
The shop and blog began as a way to release some creative energy, be my own boss (someday), and for the time being, make some extra money to help pay off my and my husband’s remaining student loan debt. I knew right out of the gate how much work would go into it, I just didn’t realize the energy required for the amount of work. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. I’m just stating that I’m going to need to get a caffeine drip. I’m nearing the finish line of preliminary ground work, but there’s obviously maintenance that will still need to go into the blog, the shop, and developing my audience.
I have to continue reminding myself that nothing worthwhile is easy. And that Rome was not built in one single day. And even as I stand here tired and impatient, waiting for success, there’s also some other things that have happened:
- It’s challenged me to learn a lot of new things.
- I feel like I’m working in my strengths for the first time in a year.
- There’s an amazing sense of accomplishment from building a small business from scratch.
- I realized I’ve got a lot more to offer the world and came up with more product ideas for my shop.
I am so very tired. But I am so very determined and hopeful.
- I’m hopeful to see this tiny seed sprout into a beautiful flower.
- I’m hopeful to watch my dream continue to grow and breathe.
- I’m hopeful that I’ll get caught up on sleep someday soon.
- I’m hopeful that this exhausting hustle will allow me to someday reap some amazing benefits.
Here’s hoping. 😉